Every 4th of July over 87% of Americans spend time and money celebrating Independence Day. According to a survey conducted by BIGresearch Americans spent about $3 Billion this year to celebrate the holiday. Here's a dollar break down on this years spending...
$600 Million - Fireworks
$2 Billion - Backyard cookouts
- $92 Million - Chips
- $60.3 Million - Dip
- $193.6 Million - Hamburger meat
- $70.4 Million - Buns
- $86.2 Million - Cheese
- $203 Million - Mayonnaise, Mustard and Ketchup
- $161.5 Million - Lettuce, Tomatoes, Onions and Relish
- $111.1 Million - Charcoal
- $94.3 Million - Lighter fluid
- $167.5 Million - Watermelon
- $107.7 Million - Popsicles
- $341.4 Million - Beer
- $101 Million - Soda
That's not all. An estimated 35 million Americans traveled over 50 miles for their celebration. That carries quite the price tag too.
Luxury Fund blogs are never intended to point fingers, blame or shame anyone. We are here to make people aware of the excess luxury spending in America and asking you to consider what luxury you can give up for the good of someone who has nothing.